Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dark Chocolate &Toffee Chip Cookies

Today was a day to bake cookies.  It's been a while since I've baked treats with my daughter, so we decided to bake chocolate chip cookies.  To spruce them up, I decided to combine Nestle Original Dark chocolate chips with Heath toffee pieces.  They are delicious!!!

Dark Chocolate & Toffee Chip Cookies:
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  •  1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • approx 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • approx 1 cup toffee pieces
(I'm not exact with my chocolate chips---I sprinkle in a portion of the bag until the cookies look nice and packed with delicious bits of chocolate! )

Preheat oven to 375

Combine ingredients.  I always melt my butter in the microwave before combining--makes it easier for my little one to help with stirring.  Drop by large tablespoon-fulls or use a cookie scoop like I do, it makes it so easy and the cookies come out nice and round most of the time.

Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for 11 minutes.  My oven has a hot spot, so I would put the cookie sheet in for 5 1/2 minutes and then flip the sheet for another 5 1/2  (it's not necessary unless your oven is crazy like mine!)

Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.  They will look mushy while hot, but trust me, after they cool for five minutes on cookie sheet and 10 on a wire cooling rack, they will be absolute perfection.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment